Friday 7 September 2007

Arthur Comparison

Hi again,
just a quick post to put up a comparison picture of Arthur and Shining Arthur.



Hmm, don't like that result much. I think I might try again.



Ok, that's somewhat better...

I am still trying to get the hang of this toy photography thing.

Anyway, as you can see the left arm of the Magne Arthur is basically a big unposable lump. It is detailed to look like he is wearing a magnetic gautlet but the molded details are too small to match his right arm and the overall effect is very unsatisfactory (and slightly odd).

The colour scheme is nice though and I rather like the head sculpt. I had no trouble finding a Magne Arthur on eBay, new in minty packaging for a fairly low price.

He has magnets in his feet, one in his left arm and one in his chest. The chest magnet seems to designed to enable other figures to lift him up over there heads in a kind of wrestling throw. It is actually kind of cool.

He came with no accessories which is a bit sad. I think the fun factor of the toy would have been drastically improved by including a magnetic weapon or armour.

No comments: